Saturday, October 06, 2007

Failure

For those who didn't know, I went for the RP 8-ball pool competition today. I lost, I totally lost it to myself. I was looking great, proceeded to 2nd rd with a score of 3-0. On the 2nd rd, everything was still under control until 2-0. My opponent picked up his pace to 2-2. Pressure starts to pour in. On the final deciding rack, he was still left with 1 ball and he guarded me by giving me a long razor leaf cut shot on the black. Both of us can miss any sort of shot as the pressure for both of us are so much. I tell myself "If I cut this in, it will be all over! And the natural path will guard his last ball too.". Therefore, I took the shot on. I shot in the black ball and my opponent came towards me giving me a handshake. Without noticing the cue ball is finding its way to the centre pocket. It's a slow motion for both of us when we are staring at the cue ball. And ya, it went in. 3 racks for him.



I've totally disappointed at myself. I did above average performance until the very last deciding shot. I still don't know why there is a left spin on the shot. I just can't believe it till now. I will always remember that shot, that moment.
But anyway, I very surprised that there are so many pro pool player in RP. Most of them today have their own personal cues. RP booked the whole pool centre today, with around 10+ tables. The pool centre is very nice too, with good environment, tournament tables, house cues, cool rest. Just that the place is so far from north, it's at somewhere in Tanjong Pager. I also over heard that the boss of the place is ranked top 10 in Singapore, cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home